Oakmoor Recruitment takes its impact on the environment seriously, and we have sought ways to reduce our overall carbon footprint.
Here are just some of the ways we reduce our impact on the environment:
- Education of staff on sustainability and what they can do to make a difference.
- Use email instead of mail delivery services.
- Staff access to IT systems from home.
- The online review of documents instead of printing them out.
- We endeavour to car share where possible.
- Our paper is recycled as much as possible and we purchase recycled paper.
- We refer clients to our website instead of sending out leaflets and brochures.
- The submission of invoices via email or fax instead of mail to clients who will accept these formats.
- We have programmed our computers for rapid sleep mode, and where practicable these are always switched off overnight.
- We electronically store items such as policies and procedures, human resources documents, employee benefits, phone directories, and other internal documents as opposed to a paper-based filing system.
- Use Microsoft Word's Track Changes feature when editing a document that was written by someone else. This tracks any changes made to the document, negating the need for printing documents.
- Bank and pay bills online.
- Receive vendor statements online instead of on paper.
- Internet based payroll, annual returns & VAT return electronic filing.
- We scan most documents instead of copying them.
- We send client mailers/newsletters via email instead of paper.